See more Carpenter jobs by clicking here
£16,000 – £23,000 a year (DOE)
40+ hours per week
As a Carpenter / Joiner, you will be expected to be expected to make and install wooden fixtures and fittings. If you have a practical mindset and consider yourself a decent craftsman, this could be the ideal career for you.
Carpenters work in many areas, for instance on construction sites, fitting out shops and bars.
A Carpenter or Joiner will be expected to carry out the following duties but is not limited to:
* Shaping and cutting timber for floorboards, skirting, window frames
* Assembling doors, window frames, staircases and fitted furniture
* Fitting wooden structures such as floor or roof joists, roof timbers, staircases and partition walls
* Fitting the interior structures of shops, bars, restaurants, offices, public buildings and theatre sets
* In some cases you will be required to undertake complex pieces that will require an element of craftsmanship
* Solid understanding of construction and health and safety regulations
* Be competent in using power tools associated with Carpentry.
* Excellent awareness of surroundings
* Must be of reasonable physical fitness
* Establish and maintain excellent working relationships and communicate well with your colleagues
* Have excellent practical skills
* Ability to work to deadlines and to a high standard
* Be able to work at heights when required
* Must be able to provide a minimum of two references to demonstrate the quality of your work
Skills & Qualifications
A Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card is absolutely essential to enter the majority of sites.
* City & Guilds qualifications
* Level 1 Award in Basic Construction Skills
* Level 1 Award in Wood Operations
* Level 2 (NVQ) Certificate / Diploma in Wood Occupations
* Level 2 Diploma in Construction Crafts (carpentry and joinery)
* Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
* The benefit of on the job training
* The opportunity to work on exciting projects
* Excellent rates available DOE
* Company expenses paid
* Opportunity to progress on other projects
Help for Candidates
See our professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here