For all Contracts Manager vacancies please click here
£40,000 – £60,000
35-40 hours per week
A Contracts Manager will be responsible for a single large contract or a number of smaller ones. You will be the first point of contact for clients, site managers and contractors whilst working on the project. You could be involved in helping to win the contract and then seeing the project through to completion.
Client / Project
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds. The more prestige and valuable the project the more likely you will receive a higher salary and more responsibility.
About the role
* Your responsibilities might include but are not limited to:
* Site set-up
* Overseeing and enforcing health and safety on site
* Subcontractor procurement, supervision and management
* Managing site team members including engineers and foreman
* Quality control
* Cost control. Working closely with the site Quantity Surveyor.
* Short and long term programming.
* Method statement and risk assessments
* Design coordination and management of consultant design teams
* Building and maintaining relationships with clients
* Project completion and handover
About the Candidate
* Previous experience of main contracting
* You may be asked for experience in handling projects over a certain value (depending on project)
* Some projects may even require a willingness to lodge away during the week.
* Good with numbers and computer software (Microsoft packages)
* Exceptional attention to detail
Skills and Qualifications
Educated to degree level in a construction related subject
It may help if your qualifications include modules on contracts and contract law
* Full benefits package
*Generous subsistence package
* Exciting projects
* Excellent salary
* Career progression
* May include Company car and petrol allowance if project involves long distance travelling
Help for Candidates
See our professional CV Template