For all Design Manager vacancies please click here
£50,000 – £70,000
40 hours per week
A Design Manager will be responsible for managing the processes in relation to producing a set of drawings that a building can be built from. They are also known as Design and Build Co-ordinators or Design and Build Manager
Client / Project
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds. The more prestige and valuable the project the more likely you will receive a higher salary and more responsibility.
About the role
* Depending on the size of the project you could be responsible for managing a design team.
* Using your expertise in construction design, you will be responsible for managing the design systems and processes through to completion
* You will need to support and advise the client on any recommendations and/or obligations in the development of a building design.
* You will need to motivate and encourage your design team to produce a quality piece of work as it will reflect on your abilities.
* You will need to use your experience and expertise to produce drawings in a cost effective way
* Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
* Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction
About the Candidate
* Previous experience of design management
* A good forward planner
* Excellent motivator
* Ability to manage a team
* Proficiency in design software and Microsoft packages
* Exceptional attention to detail
* You must be able to communicate your ideology well with your team, clients and project managers
* An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of construction
* A minimum of three years’ experience of managing elements of construction projects
Skills and Qualifications
5 GCSEs (A-C Grade) or equivalent (it’s useful if you’ve taken subjects such as maths, science, geography, information technology or design technology)
Educated to degree level in a construction related subject i.e. building studies, building engineering, engineering management and building technology.
Further qualifications can include membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
* Full benefits package
*Generous subsistence package
* Exciting projects
* Excellent salary
* Career progression
* May include Company car and petrol allowance if project involves long distance travelling
Help for Candidates
See our professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here