For all Foreman vacancies please click here
Working Foreman / Supervisor
£12 – £18 per hour (Depending on location and experience)
40 hours per week
A Foreman will be responsible for organising construction on site. Typically the Foreman is an experienced construction worker who has specialised in a particular trade. One of the most important facets of the job is to ensure the all construction workers are performing their duties to a standard that meets health and safety regulations.
Client / Project
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds.
About the role
The Foreman will undertake the following duties, but is not limited to:
* Organising tools, machinery, materials and contractors
* Supervising construction activities
* Ensuring the project is being carried out accurately, following plans outlined by the Site Manager
* Coordinating all contractor activities
* Ensuring the project is on time and meeting the specified standards
* A Foreman is responsible for all health and safety checks or ensuring they are carried out by other members of the team
* Reporting on the status and progress of the project back to the key stakeholders and senior members of the team.
* Training other employees in their individual areas
About the Candidate
* Previous experience in a supervisory role in a relevant industry
* A good forward planner and communicator
* Excellent motivator with the ability to manage a team and also take direction from the Site Manager.
* Ability to manage relationships across all professionals
* Exceptional attention to detail
* An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of construction
* Flexible, especially if the project is located away from home
Skills and Qualifications
* First Aid certificates.
* Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) holder.
* Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme (SSTS) or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
* The opportunity to work on exciting projects
* The opportunity to progress your career into a more management role
* May include petrol allowance if project involves long distance travelling
Help for Candidates
See our professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here