For all Groundworker vacancies please click here
£10 – £15 per hour (Depending on location and experience)
40 hours per week
A Groundworker will work in a team to prepare, repair or maintain a piece of land ready for construction. Groundworkers can often be found repairing and maintaining roads and highways.
Client / Project
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds.
About the role
The Foreman will undertake the following duties, but is not limited to:
* Organising tools, machinery, materials and contractors
* Supervising construction activities
* Ensuring the project is being carried out accurately, following plans outlined by the Site Manager
* Coordinating all contractor activities
* Ensuring the project is on time and meeting the specified standards
* A Foreman is responsible for all health and safety checks or ensuring they are carried out by other members of the team
* Reporting on the status and progress of the project back to the key stakeholders and senior members of the team.
* Training other employees in their individual areas
About the Candidate
* Previous experience in drainage (removing sewage or water by flow or pumping), tarmacking, pipe laying, curbing and slabbing (laying kerbs and flag stones).
* Depending on the client you may have to provide your own tools e.g. shovels, lump hammers, basic hand tools.
* Be able to provide a minimum of two references demonstrating the quality of your work.
* Ability to maintain relationships across all professionals
* Exceptional attention to detail
* You must have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of groundworks
* Flexible, especially if the project is located away from home
* You must be able to work alone as well as part of a team.
Skills and Qualifications
* Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) holder or Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS)
* A relevant NVQ in groundworks, apprentice trained or city and guilds qualified
* It is also an advantage to hold tickets for various machines such as dumper, roller or telehandler.
* The opportunity to work on exciting projects
* The opportunity to progress your career
* May include petrol allowance if project involves long distance travelling
* On the job training may be offered
Help for Candidates
See our professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here