For all similar vacancies please click here
£11 – £15 per hour (depending on location, level of experience and client)
40+ hours per week (may vary depending on deadlines)
A Hoist Operative works with the machinery and equipment used on major civil engineering projects, construction and house building sites, roadworks, demolition sites, quarries and railways. They are used to assist the team in lifting or lowering a load, by means of a drum or lift-wheel around which a rope or chain wraps. They are often used in conjunction with cranes in order to move heavy loads to different locations.
Hoist Operatives are largely required in construction or manufacturing companies but in many other aspects as well.
Responsibilities can vary between different projects. It may include but is not limited to:
* General site clearance
* Operates hoist to lower and raise instruments and tools in well, observing signals of engineering personnel.
* Carry out daily health and safety checks
* Drives truck to and from well site when working as member of crew
* May repair cables and hoisting equipment
About the Candidate
* Solid understanding of construction and health and safety regulations
* Excellent awareness of surroundings
* Basic knowledge of mechanics
* A good communicator with the ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work to deadlines and to a high standard
* Good teamwork skills
* Be able to work at heights when required
* Most employers will require a minimum of two recent references to support the quality of your work.
Skills & Qualifications
* Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) card will be required to work with machinery on site.
* It would be desirable but not essential to have a GCSE in Maths, English or be able to demonstrate that you are competent in Maths or English.
* You will also require any relevant tickets the client may expect.
* Opportunity to expand your skillset with on the job training
* Opportunity to work on prestigious projects
* You may receive the opportunity to earn more with overtime
* Company expenses paid
* Opportunity to progress on other projects
Help for Candidates
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here