For all Site Manager vacancies please click here
£35,000 – £55,000 a year (Depending on experience, qualifications, previous employers and notable previous projects)
40+ hours per week
A Site Manager will oversee the day-to-day running operations of a construction project. You could either be responsible for the whole site, or leading a sub-team responsible for one area of the project.
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds. The more prestige and valuable the project the more likely you will receive a higher salary and more responsibility.
* Ensure the site has been prepared for the commencement of construction work.
* Reporting the progress of the project to key stakeholders such as clients, colleagues, the public and local authorities.
* Liaising with sub contractors
* Ensuring the safety of all members of staff and ensuring they follow the correct protocol
* Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
* Assessing the quality of the work carried out by the workforce
* Keeping staff motivated and focused on completing the project
About the Candidate
* A Site Manager will have strong commercial awareness of the construction industry
* Will be an excellent problem solver
* Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Experience of using various IT software including Microsoft packages
* Forward thinker with excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures
* The ability drive excellent relationships with contacts at all levels including the client and colleagues
* Experience of supervising a team and leading a project
Skills & Qualifications
* HNC / HND qualified in relevant area such as construction management, building studies, or civil engineering
* Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
Help for Candidates
See our Professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here