For all Site Engineer vacancies please click here
£22,000 – £40,000 per annum (Depending on experience, qualifications and notable previous projects)
40+ hours per week
A Site Engineer will perform a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction projects, setting out and determining the location for above and underground infrastructural installations involved in construction operations.
Your client could be anything from commercial, residential, rail, road and engineering backgrounds. The more prestige and valuable the project the more likely you will receive a higher salary and more responsibility.
* The first technical adviser for subcontractors, machine operatives and labourers.
* Setting out, levelling and surveying the site ready for construction
* Ensuring plans, drawings and quantities of orders are accurate and up-to-date
* Checking the materials arriving on site are the correct quantity and as per the specifications purchased
* Assessing the work carried out by the workforce is to a suitable standard
* Reporting the progress of the project to to the Site Manager.
* Ensuring the safety of all members of staff and ensuring they follow the correct protocol
* Ongoing supervision of the site, workforce and subcontractors
* Assessing the quality of the work carried out and preparing reports as required
* Keeping staff motivated and focused on completing the project
* Solving any unexpected technical difficulties as they arise
About the Candidate
* A Site Engineer will have strong commercial awareness of the construction industry
* Will be an excellent problem solver
* Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Experience of using various IT software including Microsoft packages
* Forward thinker with excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures
* The ability drive excellent relationships with contacts at all levels including the client and colleagues
* Experience of supervising a team and project management
* Strong team working skills
Skills & Qualifications
* Degree, HNC / HND qualified in relevant area such as construction management, building studies, or civil engineering
Help for Candidates
See our Professional CV Template
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here