For all similar vacancies please click here
£20,000 and £26,000 per year plus overtime
40+ hours per week (may vary depending on deadlines)
A Telehandler Operator works with the Telehandler used on major construction projects and will undertake all duties associated with operating and maintaining the machinery.
A Telehandler Operator can work for clients from construction and house building sites, roadworks, demolition sites, quarries and railways.
Responsibilities can vary between different projects. It may include but is not limited to:
* General site clearance
* Using the machine to shift materials
* Lift and shift of heavy objects
* Carry out daily health and safety checks
* In some instances, you may be required to carry out general labouring work depending on the project/client
About the Candidate
* Have previous experience working within a similar environment and be proficient in operating and manoeuvring the Telehandler
* Solid understanding of construction and health and safety regulations
* Excellent awareness of surroundings
* Basic knowledge of mechanics
* A good communicator with the ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work to deadlines and to a high standard
* Good teamwork skills
* Be able to work at heights when required
* Most employers will require a minimum of two recent references to support the quality of your work
* You may be required to provide your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Skills & Qualifications
* Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card is absolutely essential to enter a site.
* Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).
* Telehandler ticket
* It would be desirable but not essential to have a GCSE in Maths, English or be able to demonstrate that you are competent in Maths or English.
* Opportunity to expand your skillset with on the job training
* Opportunity to work on a prestigious projects
* You may receive the opportunity to earn more with overtime
* Company expenses paid
* Opportunity to progress on other projects
* Excellent freelance rates
Help for Candidates
To be first in line for our vacancies register with us here