“Sphere Solutions are our provider of choice for permanent and freelance recruitment. Their culture of honesty, openness and confidentiality coupled with strong knowledge of the industry provides us with confidence that we will secure the most suitable candidate available. Always ensuring the scope of the position is clearly understood from the beginning allows Sphere to provide tailored candidate short-lists and that the process is effective and efficient. Of the Sphere candidates positioned within our business today, all have been successful for both us (Kier) and the candidate.”
Whilst on assignment through Sphere Solutions, workers may be eligible to be paid by the following methods:
- PAYE direct via Sphere
- Own Ltd Company
- Own Ltd Company under CIS
- Umbrella PAYE
- CIS via Umbrella
PAYE Direct via Sphere
We can pay you as an employee through Sphere through the PAYE route. Using this option, you will receive holiday pay.
Using Your Own Limited Company
When you use your own Limited Company, you will be paid directly by Sphere to the company. Those wishing to use their own Limited Company must be able meet the following criteria prior to starting your assignment and:
- The worker must be a named Director of the Limited Company
- Be able to provide a valid and active company registration number via a Certificate of Incorporation
- Hold Public Liability (£5m) and Professional Indemnity (£500,000) insurances and where applicable, Employer’s Liability insurance (£5m). You must be able to supply evidence of these insurances
- Provide a valid VAT Certificate for those companies registered for Value Added Tax
- Agree to our Contract for Services for Limited Companies
- Provide proof of a valid business bank account in the company name – payments to personal bank accounts will not be made under any circumstances
Payment via an Umbrella (Composite) Company
Sphere Solutions can pay workers through one of the approved umbrella company’s we work with via a PAYE route. There is a small weekly administration fee payable to the umbrella company for this option to this and you have to pay employer’s and employee’s national insurance.
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
The Construction Industry Scheme may be available to worker’s who aren’t under direct supervision. This scheme means that you pay a flat rate of 20% tax on your gross pay. For more information, please visit gov.uk.