Health and Safety Manager
|Exeter, Devon, South West England
|Up to £53,000 + package
|Civil Engineering, Infrastructure
Health & Safety Manager
Devon & Cornwall
Our client is a well-established regional civil engineering contractor that puts health safety and quality at the forefront of their agenda and as a high priority for all of their sites.
With an exceptional programme of works and forthcoming sites in mind, they need a Health and Safety Manager to join their South West operations.
The successful applicant will promote and uphold a positive health & safety culture on site and provide specialist expert construction health and safety knowledge to the business as a whole.
Suitable candidates will have good experience in implementing a positive health and safety culture within a construction/contracting environment.
The role will include:
To provide and maintain safe systems of work across all sites, monitoring compliance with all legal bodies and regulatory requirements relating to health, safety and the environment
- Developing both internal policies and strategies
- Prepare and submit streetwork notices
- Investigate/record incidents/complaints
- Carrying out construction phase plans, method statements, risk assessments, site inspections/audits and working with the senior management team to uphold a positive health and safety environment
- Ensure all works are carried out / set to achieve ISO/SMAS certifications
To apply for this role you will need to have the following qualifications:
- NEBOSH General or Construction
- Internal Quality Auditor ISO 9001/ 14001 (OHSA18001) advantageous
- Experience of CDM, Risk assessment, Construction Phase Plans, Fire Safety, Waste Management, Manual handling
- Full valid driving licence
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert on 01752 421888 or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment.
With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and St Austell) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates.
You are applying for the following:
Title:- Health and Safety Manager
Location:- Exeter, Devon, South West England
"*" indicates required fields