|Salary:||£48,000 - £50,000 + Package|
|Sector:||Civils, Construction, Rail|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
£48K + Package
I’m currently recruiting for a supervisor / GF to work for GF to work for an award-winning rail infrastructure service provider based in South Wales. They have operated in the rail industry since 2009 on a variety of upgrade, refurbishment and maintenance projects and were awarded the Network Rail Principal Contractors Licence in 2015.
The work is with Transport for Wales / Network Rail and predominately bridge deck replacements, structural repairs, station refurbs etc.
- SMSTS or SSSTS
- First Aid
- Clean driving license
- Proven experience as a Site Supervisor within the rail/civils industry.
- Proven experience in rail/civils construction methods, materials, and safety regulations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage site personnel and sub-contractors.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee day-to-day site activities, ensuring all works are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carry out COSS / SWL / ES duties when required to support and ensure safe and timely completion of work activities.
- Conduct daily (start-of-shift) briefings to the site teams in advance of work commencing to ensure coordination of all operations.
- Ensure that staff on site are competent, that they have received the correct training and are provided with the correct equipment with which to undertake their work in a safe manner.
- Brief all operatives on Task Briefings relative to the planned tasks.
- Production of Risk Assessment and Task Briefings for planned works.
- Daily Reporting – produce and distribute shift reports.
- Ensure all management, safety, technical, quality, and environmental procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with Railway Group Standards and Statutory Legislation.
- Conduct regular site inspections to monitor progress, quality, and adherence to safe working methods
- Ensure the safety of the public and travelling passengers are not affected by the activities undertaken on site.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure workmanship, materials, and construction processes meet specified requirements.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify and rectify any non-compliance or quality issues.
- Liaise and maintain effective communications with Site Agent, Project Managers, Engineers, and Subcontractors to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Manage and allocate resources effectively, including labour, materials, and equipment, to maximize productivity and meet project requirements.
- Monitor material deliveries and stock levels, ensuring availability while minimizing waste.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs, ensuring optimal functionality and safety standards.
- Participate in project meetings, providing regular updates on site progress, challenges, and resolutions.
- Attend staff safety and technical briefings as required.
- Promote best practices within the team as a whole
- Maintain an appropriate training and competency record detailing duties undertaken.
If you’re interested and require further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
You are applying for the following:
"*" indicates required fields