|Salary:||£60,000 - £65,000|
|Sector:||Civils, Water, Wastewater|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
We are currently working with a national civil engineering contractor with a long and successful track record in delivering customer-focused civil engineering solutions, with long-term framework agreements in place with many leading blue-chip power, water, and rail clients.
Due to securing a major water framework within the South-West of England, they have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the successful planning, execution, and completion of water-related engineering projects. The role will involve coordinating with various stakeholders, managing project teams, and ensuring that projects are delivered within scope, budget, and schedule, whilst playing a key role in driving efficiency, quality, and safety throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation.
- Conduct feasibility studies and risk assessments to identify potential challenges and mitigation strategies.
- Obtain necessary approvals and permits from regulatory authorities.
- Build and lead project teams, including engineers, designers, contractors, and support staff.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to team members, ensuring clear communication of project expectations.
- Foster a collaborative and productive work environment to maximize team performance.
- Budget and Cost Control:
- Manage project budgets and ensure cost control throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor expenses, review financial reports, and implement cost-saving measures when appropriate.
Schedule and Progress Monitoring
- Develop project schedules and critical milestones, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Monitor project progress, identify deviations, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Regularly report project status to stakeholders, providing updates on milestones, risks, and achievements.
- Identify potential risks and develop risk mitigation plans to minimize project disruptions.
- Proactively address emerging issues and unforeseen challenges during project execution.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Ensure that projects comply with relevant industry standards, regulations, and quality assurance protocols.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to maintain high-quality deliverables.
Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE)
- Promote a strong safety culture throughout the project, enforcing safety protocols and practices.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Client Communication and Stakeholder Management:
- Maintain regular communication with clients to address their concerns and provide project updates.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, including local authorities and community members.
- Project Closure and Documentation:
- Conduct project reviews to evaluate outcomes and identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare project documentation, including final reports, as-built drawings, and lessons learned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in project management, preferably in water-related projects.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Knowledge of water industry standards, regulations, and best practices in the UK.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
You are applying for the following:
Title:- Project Manager
"*" indicates required fields