|£55,000 - £65,000 plus package
Permanent Salary + Full benefits package
Sphere Solutions are currently recruting for a senior estimator, to work for a regional civil engineering contractor on a permanent contract.
Provide the business with the best net cost and margin to win the work in line with business strategy. Assist those less experienced within the function to achieve success. The senior role will work across all sectors of work. This role may take the estimating lead depending upon the size of the division and in such instance will take responsibility for line managing the estimating team and contributing to the development of the six point plan.
- Fully understand tender documentation across whole suite of projects within the sectors we operate in and provide initial accurate assessment for all elements.
- Engage with contracts managers and other experts within the business, ensuring there is a clear plan and programme of delivery.
- Understand the build requirements and techniques, assess subcontract requirements, assemble enquiry documentation and issue.
- Understand construction programming and planning.
- Develop mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- From first principles, produce accurate costs, access value engineering and risk issues and provide a comprehensive tender submission, anticipating changes in the marketplace.
- Work closely with others across the business to gain an understanding of the project and use the advice gained from previous experience.
- Understand design and understand the impact of individual / combined disciplines on the tender.
- Be able as appropriate to work on more than one project at a time.
- Present tender submission for approval ensuring a true and accurate picture of the tender is communicated.
- Finalise project at tender adjudication.
- Answer queries and undertake any negotiations.
- Handover successful bids with contracts team providing clarity on the bid itself and programme of works.
- As applicable support the development of the estimating team.
- Represent and promote the company in a professional manner.
- Understand our business strategy and six point plans. Share with your team how they can contribute to achieving them.
- Encourage colleagues to deliver and recognise success.
- Challenge how things are done to make us more productive.
- Encourage your team to suggest improvements to how we work in line with our Right Works ethos.
- Understand our HSQE standards and ensure your team knows their responsibilities.
- Understand personal responsibilities to comply with our company policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Continually enhance the reputation of your team.
- Help your team understand their roles in protecting and enhancing our reputation.
- Recognise behaviours in your team that reflect our guiding principles.
- Create opportunities for you and your team to learn.
- Challenge behaviours that do not create an inclusive environment
If you are interested and would like further details, please don’t hesitate to contact me
You are applying for the following:
Title:- Senior Estimator
"*" indicates required fields