Health & Safety Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Permanent salary plus full benefits package
Purpose of Job:
The job holder will be responsible for supporting the Future Valleys Construction (FVC) project teams and supply chain on H&S matters. The role will also have a particular emphasis on guiding and supporting the construction teams throughout the construction phase from a Health, Safety and Wellbeing perspective with the support of the Projects Director.
- Promoting health, safety and welfare throughout the project with a particular focus on major civils activities and disciplines.
- Fully supporting the Project Director to coordinate between all sectors of the project and report to the Project Director daily upon current site concerns and areas for improvement.
- Supporting Safety Advisors, supervisors and operatives and its appointed supply chain of good practice.
- Ensuring project compliance with statutory legislation and contractual safety requirements indicated, Construction Phase Plan, Integrated Management System and current legislation.
- Collate monthly Health, Safety and Welfare data for review and approval by the Project Director.
- Undertake onsite inspection and monitoring of health, safety and welfare.
- Undertake onsite audits and monitoring of health, safety and welfare with a particular focus on major civils disciplines.
- Maintaining the H&S content of the IMS to ISO45001 and the Project Agreement, in collaboration with the Quality Manager.
The Health & Safety Manager is also responsible for ensuring that Health and Safety Team members carry out their duties effectively.
- Advise supervisors and operatives at Future Valleys Construction sites, depots and offices on statutory health and safety requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments and development of project management plans.
- Regularly inspect Future Valleys Construction work locations and activities.
- Verify that temporary works procedures are implemented safely as well as monitor all works (direct and sub-contractor) during site visits to ensure that safe systems of work are being adopted.
- Assist in the undertaking of health and safety audits to the audit programme, both internally and externally.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences are thoroughly investigated and reported.
- Assist in the provision of safety training for site operatives including but not limited to the behavioural safety program.
- Provide site personnel with advice, support and encouragement so that they may fulfil their duties effectively..
- Consider the environment in decision-making, including material procurement, energy efficiency, pollution and ecology on site.
- Be environmentally aware of the consequences of actions; be familiar with relevant project documentation, standards and contractual requirements regarding environmental performance seek advice from the Environmental Department.
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate in additional to being Chartered Status IOSH
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience of working on major construction/civils projects.
- Experience of delivering training modules is desirable.
- Ability to evaluate safety practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement.
- Strong IT knowledge and skills – e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to influence and persuade others to build working relationships with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload with a collaborative approach to work.
- Working knowledge of current UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- Knowledge of a variety of occupational environments, such as works at height, confined spaces, bridge structures and arrangement of equipment.
- Knowledge of safety devices to use in conjunction with tools and equipment in the workplace
Assistant Project Manager – Civil Engineering
Newton Abbot – Covering the Southwest
Permanent – Full time
Family Friendly Work-Life Balance, Competitive Salary based on experience & Qualifications & Bonus Scheme
I am working with a well-known Civil Engineering Contractor to recruit either a Sub/Site Engineer or Assistant Project Manager who is looking to fast-track their career in civil engineering construction.
You would be fully proficient in managing a project from start to finish including managing and being responsible for all aspects of H&S, Environment, quality, programming, contractual and the financial side of the project.
- Responsible for the commercial and technical delivery of projects from £10k-£1m.
- Confidently communicate with Site Managers, Engineers, Clients and Designers
- Successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure Health and Safety, Environment and Quality are maintained to the highest of standards.
- Manage project procurement and temporary works requirements.
- Administer Commercial Contracts, Provide Early Warnings, CE’s, Valuations, Applications, Cashflow, Forecasts to all Projects.
- HNC or NVQ equivalent – Industry-specific
- Eye for engineering detail and setting out experience
- SMSTS or IOSH, CSCS Card and Full UK Driving Licence
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages and experience of programme software is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Live within 50 miles of Newton Abbot
- Salary to reflect experience and qualifications
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid working
- Company Vehicle
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Ongoing training and career progression
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.
Merthyr Tydfil – South Wales
Competitive Salary Package
Sphere solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Site Engineer to work on a multimillion pound project on the A465 motorway in South Wales. We are constantly recruiting and keen to touch base with the best possible opportunities. See below for the following vacancy.
Our client are a world leader in its sector, with extensive experience accumulated over its 120 years of history. Its activities cover all areas of engineering and construction and it is a benchmark for civil works (roads, railways, airports, hydraulic and marine works, tunnels and bridges). The current project we are recruiting for, involves a 17.3km motorway expansion located near Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil and Hirwaun. They aim to split the dual carriageway to ensure mobility and connectivity in wales as well as the revival of the local economy post COVID-19.
- Maintain and interpret site drawings, topographical drawings, construction drawings, rebar drawing and rebar schedules.
- Communicate with the site manager/rest of the site team and assist with the organising of site, this would include materials, forecasting materials / plant required and sub-contract management.
- Setting out from the contract drawings/information, carry out surveys as and when required
- Be a point of contact for the clerk of works/client/gangers/sub-contractors to assist with the progression of works and carry out any inspections required with any required party.
- Overseeing quality control and monitoring health and safety
- Resides locally to the area
- Civils experience
- Experience of working on highways
- Experience of working with structures and bridges
- Able to work in a team
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Degree qualified (preferred but not essential)
On offer, is the opportunity to work for a large tier 1 contractor that can offer job security and genuine long term prospects.
Needless to say, if you are open to new opportunities and would like to discuss in greater detail please don’t hesitate to get in touch.