Assistant Site Manager
Covering sites across Gloucester
Company van and tools provided
Permanent – Fulltime Full Time – Monday – Friday
Out of hours cover 1 in 6 rota (occasional weekend working)
Sphere Solutions is working in partnership with a leading provider of engineering, technical, and FM services to the UK MOD, to recruit an 18th-edition qualified Electrician to join their team. As part of the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts, you will play a crucial role in delivering effective and compliant electrical maintenance tasks within the Gloucester area.
Reporting office based in Gloucester, this role will cover sites across Gloucester, this position is a permanent, full-time Monday to Friday position with a 1in6 out-of-hours rota which will include occasional weekend work
- Undertake planned and reactive electrical maintenance
- Work as part of the on-site engineering team
- Complete all works scheduled within service-level agreements
- Carry out reactive repairs and callouts for emergencies
- Ensure all works carried out meet JSP375 standards
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Work independently from drawings, specifications, and other documentation
- Report all equipment or system defects
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks, training
- Full, clean UK driving licence (travel within multiple locations required)
- 18th edition electrical qualification, including City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
- Experience in an MOD or Construction/Property Maintenance environment (desirable)
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
- Salary £35,000 & Package (depending on experience)
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Fully kitted company van
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.
Assistant Site Manager
Our client is a large and very well-established main building contractor that works primarily throughout the South West.
Due to the award of a large and prestigious building project in the Gloucester area, they have approached us with the requirement to recruit an Assistant Site Manager on a permanent basis, initially tasked with helping deliver the envelope works package.
Working closely with the Senior Site Manager, you will play a key role in the delivery of the package. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the site manager or other senior project managers as required.
- Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
- Monitoring labour, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
- Supervising on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
- Procuring materials, labour, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
- Collaborating with other construction project stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring that construction industry safety regulations are followed.
You will come from a recognised main contractor background, and able to commute to the Gloucester area on a daily basis. On offer is an excellent salary package and a structured career path which will offer you the chance to progress.
Get in touch today for further details.