Assistant Site Manager
Permanent / Full – time
Sphere Solutions are seeking a highly motivated Quantity Surveyor to join a very successful Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractor with regional offices across the South West.
Working with an extensive client based; covering both leading contractors and house builders this is an excellent opportunity for a suitably motivated candidate to join a forward thinking team of like-minded professionals. There is the opportunity to progress with a good support structure and training on offer.
The role will be varied and include:
- ·Assist with pricing civil & groundworks packages
- ·Tender administration
- ·Assisting with producing bills of quantity
- ·Submission documentation
- ·Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- ·Good client liaison skills / attendance at tender interviews
- ·Must be highly motivated
To Apply: For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 0175242188 or apply as instructed. Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment.
With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and St Austell) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates.
Assistant Site Manager
Would you like to join a leading housing developer with a pipeline of new sites locally? With, a commitment to quality, innovation, and excellence, they have a strong reputation for delivering exceptional homes across Devon & Cornwall.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised Assistant Site Manager to join the construction team. The Assistant Site Manager will work closely with the Site Manager to ensure the successful delivery of residential new build schemes, the first site will be Near St Ives.
- Assist the Site Manager in planning and coordinating all construction activities.
- Monitor and enforce safety regulations and compliance with company policies.
- Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and direct labour on site.
- Ensure that work is progressing according to programme timelines.
- Quality control, inspection of works, and Customer Care.
- Support / deputise for the Site Manager s and when required.
- Liaison with the NHBC/LABC and building inspectors.
What you will need:
- Experience in a similar role within newly built housing
- Knowledge of modern construction methods, in particular timber frame
- Ideally a trade or HNC background, with a valid SMSTS, First Aid at Work, ideally CSCS also.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents.
- Health & Safety-conscious and familiar with safety regulations on-site.
- Full driving license required.
- Competitive salary and Car Allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity package
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert in the first instance or apply as instructed
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Taunton, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Gloucester. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.
Sphere is currently recruiting a Junior Estimator on behalf of a contractor, based in West Cornwall. With a strong focus on excellence and customer satisfaction, taking pride in committing to delivering projects on time and within budget. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join their team as a Trainee/Assistant Estimator.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for construction and a desire to kick-start your career as a Trainee/Assistant Estimator, we would love to hear from you.
As a Trainee/Assistant Estimator, you will play a crucial role in supporting our client’s estimating team in accurately assessing project costs and preparing competitive bids. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent HNC/graduate in construction to gain valuable experience and develop a career in the construction industry.
- Assist the estimating team with requirements/specifications.
- Assist with take-offs/cost estimates for materials, labour, and equipment.
- Collaborate with suppliers/subcontractors to obtain prices.
- Assist in the preparation of bid documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date records of estimates, bids, and related documentation.
- HNC or a degree in construction or a related field
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Training and mentorship from experienced professionals
How to Apply:
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.