Health and Safety Coordinator
Are you a Construction Buyer with experience in procuring materials and plant?
We have a new opportunity to join a growing commercial team, based in Plymouth, we are seeking a dedicated Buyer on a permanent basis.
As a Buyer, you will play a vital role in the construction process, responsibilities will include:
- Material and plant procurement
- Material scheduling for multiple live and upcoming sites at any one time
- Calculating bulk quantities for each site / scheduling them with the manufacturer
- Maintaining/monitoring regional bulk material levels to ensure there are no shortfalls/over-ordering
- Submitting material cost budgets and advising where large losses occur
- Work closely alongside Site and Contract Managers to ensure requisitions are processed efficiently and site issues are overcome swiftly
You will need:
- Proven experience as a Materials Buyer in the house building or construction industry.
- The ability to take off from drawings
- A good working knowledge of Excel is essential
- Previous COINS experience is a distinct advantage
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with construction materials and suppliers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Full UK driving licence.
Offering a competitive salary up to £45,000 and benefits, including:
- Car Allowance
- Healthcare and Life insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Annual Bonus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
If you are ready to be part of a team that makes a difference in house building, we want to hear from you!
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the Southwest & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment. With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth, Southampton, Taunton, Gloucester and St
Health & Safety Coordinator
Are you a Health & Safety Coordinator / Administrator seeking a new challenge?
We are working in partnership with a leading construction company to secure a Health & Safety Coordinator to assist with all matters of health and safety.
The role will involve implementing and maintaining health, safety, environmental and quality teams across the company. You will collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance is adhered to, promoting a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and organisation of HSEQ documentation.
- Assist with the creation of H&S site packs and collation of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) files.
- Prepare reports on key performance indicators, incidents, and other relevant data.
- Coordinate HSEQ training and maintain records for employees at all levels.
- Monitor H&S accreditation (SSIP) expirations and prepare submissions.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of HSEQ processes
- Propose and implement initiatives to enhance the overall safety and quality culture.
What you will need:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational and analytical abilities
- IT literate including all Microsoft applications.
- Experience in a similar role within the construction industry is not necessary but would be beneficial.
- Certification in HSEQ-related disciplines is a plus.
Offering full training and the opportunity for progression
If this is of interest do call Kalina on 01752 421888 for an informal chat in the first instance.
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions is one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment. With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Gloucester, Southampton and Plymouth) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain.