Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Competitive Salary + full benefits package
Sphere Solutions are currently recruiting for a full-time, senior/experienced QS to join our clients Wales & Energy Division.
The successful candidate will be a team player with positive behaviours aligned with our vision and guiding principles
- Deliver sustainable, profitable growth by minimising risks, maximising opportunities and avoiding disputes across projects.
- Manage both commercial and contractual aspects of a project(s), supporting the project team to deliver the project successfully.
- Mentor graduate and trainee commercial staff within your division to support their development.
- Provide information to assist in developing the divisional budget as required.
- Take responsibility for delivering forecasted profits and margins.
- Deliver consistent value and cost reporting.
- Establish a robust and consistent change control process to ensure that appropriate contract price
- Adjustments are identified and agreed upon with the customer.
- Manage commercial activities with the operational team to achieve delivery and growth.
- Ensure contractual duties, obligations, notices, standards etc. are observed and discharged to protect our position and entitlement under the Contract.
- Ensure commercial activity is consistent and in line with company procedures.
- When required support work winning teams in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in tenders and bids.
- Support key negotiations with prospective customers, partners and subcontractors.
- Effective cash management supported by regular liaison with our Accounts department.
- Represent and promote the company professionally.
- Understand our business strategy and six-point plans. Share with your team how they can contribute to achieving them.
- Encourage colleagues to deliver and recognise success.
- Challenge how things are done to make us more productive.
- Encourage your team to suggest improvements to how we work in line with our Right Works ethos.
- Understand our HSQE standards and ensure your team knows their responsibilities
- Understand personal responsibilities to comply with our company policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Continually enhance the reputation of your team.
- Help your team understand their roles in protecting and enhancing our reputation.
- Recognise behaviours in your team that reflect our guiding principles
- Create opportunities for you and your team to learn.
- Challenge behaviours that do not create an inclusive environment
£50k – £52k plus package
Our client are the leading service provider in the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors in the UK. As a division, they employ circa 3000 people across the UK and we are looking for aspiring people like you, who are keen to build their career within the Water Industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to work on our Water Network Alliance contract in South Wales, based out of the Swansea office. As the Project Manager, you will be part of our Capital Team which are responsible for delivering Capital Projects for the AMP7 framework. The contract involves the pre-construction planning, site investigation, installation of new potable water mains and the refurbishment of existing mains to improve the DCWW network.
- Overall delivery of Capital Projects being involved from concept, through the early planning stages, construction delivery and handover
- Setting targets to the project teams and capturing progress, to report both internally and to our client
- Pre-construction planning – involving collaborative planning workshops and programming
- Assisting the estimating team with programming and buildability
- Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure programme delivery with necessary actions closed out
- Be commercially focused
- Be capable of delivering a project with direct and subcontractors
- A good team builder and communicator
- Be comfortable in chairing and contributing during collaboration meetings, both in person or via Microsoft Teams
- Experience working for a Contractor in utilities or construction / civil engineering is essential
- Experience in planning and co-ordinating teams to install pipework is essential
- Previous knowledge in traffic management and street works
- Knowledge of site investigation such as trial holes/boreholes and impact on design solutions
- Knowledge and experience working in the water sector
- Experience in potable water mains laying techniques such as open cutting, slip lining, pipe bursting and directional drilling
- NEC experience