Senior Quantity Surveyor
Civils Site Manager
South West region – Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset
We are assisting in recruiting an Area Contracts Manager for a new contracts team, managing MOD maintenance contracts across the South West. We are looking for an ambitious and people-focused leader who can make their mark building and delivering an exceptional and customer-focused facilities management/built-estate service.
As an Area Contracts Manager, you will drive your team and the trusted sub-contractors, providing a safe and compliant service, in a busy and demanding environment. At the same time ensure you are delivering a cost-effective and quality service.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance projects, across multiple sites, managing a trusted supply chain/contractors.
- Ensuring a culture of exceptional health and safety
- Ensure a programme of work is in place.
- Develop and maintain lasting client relationships, working openly and transparently.
- Responsible for the growth and delivery of further billable works
Suitable candidates will possess the following:
- Previous experience within facility management – hard services or building refurbishment works.
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring excellent engagement with the management teams and client.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams and sub-contractors.
- Relevant professional qualification, CIOB / MRICS / BIFM or equivalent experience through experience or qualification in the role-related subject
- Sound knowledge of all MS Office Package
- You must be able to pass SC Clearance to be considered for this role.
- Car or Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 Days annual leave
- Volunteer leave
- Private medical insurance
- One paid professional subscription
- Life Assurance Policy
- Employee discount and reward schemes
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Somerset / Devon
We are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a regional contractor covering the Somerset & Devon area. With a pipeline of work and a large new build care home about to commence, we are keen to catch up with suitably qualified Quantity Surveyors who have experience in financially managing Design and Build projects Circ. £12m.
Responsibilities will include:
- Procurement of sub-contractor packages
- Cost planning and reporting
- Overseeing site measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree on interim valuations and final accounts
- Report to Senior Management on the project performance
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted such as HNC/HND if backed up with extensive work experience.
- Good negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- D&B / JCT form of contract knowledge
For this role, you will need to have D&B / new build construction experience and be comfortable financially managing projects over £12m.
Due to site locations, a full driving license will be required. Travel to Devon and Bristol will be required.
Good local supply chain knowledge will be advantageous.
Having read the above and hopefully enticed you to look into this role in more detail, please do call Jo for a confidential chat on 07771 985354. Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the South West & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Taunton, Bristol, Cardiff & Gloucester. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.
Site Manager – Solar/Civils
£55k & Package
Are you an experienced Site Manager with a Solar / Civils background looking for a new opportunity,
Sphere is currently working with a Renewable Energy Client seeking an experienced Site Manager to oversee a 26-week Solar Farm project based near North Tawton.
As the Site Manager, you will organise and oversee works carried out on site ensuring it is completed on time and within budget.
This is a permanent opportunity, once the initial project is complete, sites will be based nationally and will require national travel.
- Liaising with clients and reporting on progress to site staff
- Supervising and hiring site staff and subcontractors
- Monitoring build costs and project progress
- Conducting quality and safety inspections
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control checks
- Give toolbox talks.
- Must have previous Solar and Civils experience.
- Willing to travel to other sites on completion of the project
- SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid
Nationwide Travel will be required after the initial site is completed.
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.