Health & Safety Advisor
£55k + package
Sphere Solutions are currently recruiting for a Sub agent to work for a leading civil engineering contractor on a £200m tunnelling project in Snowdonia.
- To lead the construction team within the area of responsibility and to be responsible for all aspects of the works, including compliance with legal, company and project requirements. To manage areas of responsibility to achieve project commercial and programme requirements.
- Coordinate areas of responsibility with other project areas and manage junior staff.
- Review weekly plant, labour and material returns to identify areas of variance from planned usage. Provide reports to line management identifying the reasons for the variance, including action plans to reduce wastage and improve positive variance.
- In conjunction with General Foreman, actively review requirements for all plant and equipment within the area of responsibility to support compliance with programme and commercial requirements.
- Manage all subcontractors within the area of responsibility to ensure compliance with project requirements. Chair and produce minutes for weekly meetings with each subcontractor.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of subcontractors’ scopes of work. Maintain a detailed knowledge and records of site progress, including details of any potential variations. In conjunction with the commercial team, critically assess subcontractor records, applications for payment and variations.
- Ensure that temporary works are undertaken as per the approved documents and that all necessary checks, inspections and approvals continue during the works and dismantling.
- Provide a detailed progress and forecast programme update each reporting period for input into the contract programme. Actively contribute to the development of contract programme to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Responsibilities of the Contractor under CDM Regulations
- CSCS Management card
- Use of Company Systems e.g. Themis
- Contract and Company procedures
- Collaborative working
- SMSTS (Preferable)
- Ideally civils and tunnelling experience
If you are interested and would like further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Health & Safety Advisor
£50k – £55k + package
The position reports to the project Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager. Candidates do not need to have tunnelling project experience but it would be an advantage.
- The positions will support the project team and supply chain on all health and safety matters; especially providing guidance and support through the construction phase with the support of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager.
- Advise supervisors and operatives at sites, depots and offices upon statutory health and safety requirements.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of risk assessments and in the development of project management plans.
- Provide support in their role as a representative with respect to the principal contractor’s duties under CDM.
- Collate monthly Health, Safety and Welfare data for review and approval by the Health and Safety Manager
- Regularly inspect work locations and activities, preferably accompanied by a senior member of the site operations team.
- The successful candidates will have a passion for health, safety and well-being, experience working on major civil engineering construction projects
- Possess a NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
- Candidates should have knowledge of different environments such as working at height, confined spaces and arrangement of equipment plus knowledge of safety practices to use in conjunction with tools and plant in the workplace.
- Experience in delivering training is desirable along with the ability to evaluate safety practices and procedures and to recommend improvements.
- Ability to evaluate safety practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement.
- Ability to maintain favourable public relations.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
If you are interested and would like further details, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.