We are seeking a Buyer to join a civil engineering contractor, to join a busy commercial team
A leading name within their field, this organisation is going through a steady growth period and now is the perfect time to join to join and add value to their procurement strategy.
Reporting to a Senior Buyer, the role will include all plant and machinery procurement along with all equipment.
- Create, maintain and build lasting relationships with new and existing supply chain.
- Procure plant and equipment across several projects, areas and sites.
- Ensure orders are distributed and approved by relevant personnel.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the accounts team to provide support on any order related queries.
- Best value strategy, rebates and ensuring a cost-effective method is established and maintained.
- Experienced within engineering or construction procurement – ideally plant but not essential
- Effective IT skills, Excel is mainly used.
- Good local and national supply chain knowledge
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert or apply as instructed.
Sphere Solutions are one of the Southwest & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment.
With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and St Austell) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates.
Up to £70,000 & package
Do you have a strong civils background and are used to managing multiple projects?
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Manager who can manage several renewable energy and civils contracts in both Devon and the wider field.
Reporting directly to the Exeter regional office you manage the timely delivery of numerous sites, overseeing site teams, health & safety, planning and budgets.
- Managing several sites, responsible for all civils site teams and delivery.
- Project programming, planning and delivery.
- Ensure the site is adhering to company health and safety standards.
- Ensure the site is running to budget with regular liaison with the procurement and commercial team.
- Liaising with technical and financial staff, subcontractors, legal teams, and the client’s own representatives.
- Previous Civil Engineering knowledge and experience, with Solar Farm/Renewable Energy being a distinct advantage
- Must have a strong Contract Management background with SMSTS, CSCS and FAW
- Contractual knowledge and understanding
- Proficient use of MS 365 and project planning software
- Full driving license and be able to travel – with expenses paid for accommodation/fuel
For an informal discussion please call Jo Lambert or apply as instructed
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced
Paying up to £23ph with a Van and Fuel card
Sphere Solutions is currently looking for a motivated and well-organised Site Foreman/Woman with housing groundworks experience to join an experienced team on a residential project in Totnes.
Suitable candidates will have experience in a similar role with extensive knowledge and experience in Housing Groundworks and Infrastructure works including, drainage, highways, utilities/pipes, kerbing etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage, supervise and monitor site operatives and sub-contractors.
- Organising Earthworks.
- Organising plant.
- Ordering materials.
- Keeping accurate daily records.
- Working to tight programmes/deadlines.
- Health and safety including daily briefings and toolbox talks.
- Ability to ensure compliance with the works information, construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent health and safety knowledge and awareness,
- SMSTS, CSPS/CSCS, FAW ticket.
- Good communication skills, confident in liaising and dealing with the client.
- Paying up to £23ph depending on experience.
- Company van and Fuel card.
For an informal discussion please call Kalina on 01752 421888 or click the inviting red button in the upper right-hand corner to apply and embark on this journey with us!
Sphere Solutions are a market leader in the Southwest & Wales construction recruitment sector. With offices in St. Austell, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Southampton.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with local, regional and national contractors, developers and consultancies and offer a bespoke, discreet and professional service delivered by highly experienced consultants.
£50k – £52k plus package
Our client are the leading service provider in the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors in the UK. As a division, they employ circa 3000 people across the UK and we are looking for aspiring people like you, who are keen to build their career within the Water Industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to work on our Water Network Alliance contract in South Wales, based out of the Swansea office. As the Project Manager, you will be part of our Capital Team which are responsible for delivering Capital Projects for the AMP7 framework. The contract involves the pre-construction planning, site investigation, installation of new potable water mains and the refurbishment of existing mains to improve the DCWW network.
- Overall delivery of Capital Projects being involved from concept, through the early planning stages, construction delivery and handover
- Setting targets to the project teams and capturing progress, to report both internally and to our client
- Pre-construction planning – involving collaborative planning workshops and programming
- Assisting the estimating team with programming and buildability
- Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure programme delivery with necessary actions closed out
- Be commercially focused
- Be capable of delivering a project with direct and subcontractors
- A good team builder and communicator
- Be comfortable in chairing and contributing during collaboration meetings, both in person or via Microsoft Teams
- Experience working for a Contractor in utilities or construction / civil engineering is essential
- Experience in planning and co-ordinating teams to install pipework is essential
- Previous knowledge in traffic management and street works
- Knowledge of site investigation such as trial holes/boreholes and impact on design solutions
- Knowledge and experience working in the water sector
- Experience in potable water mains laying techniques such as open cutting, slip lining, pipe bursting and directional drilling
- NEC experience