Permanent Salary + Full benefits package
Sphere Solutions are currently recruting for a senior estimator, to work for a regional civil engineering contractor on a permanent contract.
Provide the business with the best net cost and margin to win the work in line with business strategy. Assist those less experienced within the function to achieve success. The senior role will work across all sectors of work. This role may take the estimating lead depending upon the size of the division and in such instance will take responsibility for line managing the estimating team and contributing to the development of the six point plan.
- Fully understand tender documentation across whole suite of projects within the sectors we operate in and provide initial accurate assessment for all elements.
- Engage with contracts managers and other experts within the business, ensuring there is a clear plan and programme of delivery.
- Understand the build requirements and techniques, assess subcontract requirements, assemble enquiry documentation and issue.
- Understand construction programming and planning.
- Develop mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- From first principles, produce accurate costs, access value engineering and risk issues and provide a comprehensive tender submission, anticipating changes in the marketplace.
- Work closely with others across the business to gain an understanding of the project and use the advice gained from previous experience.
- Understand design and understand the impact of individual / combined disciplines on the tender.
- Be able as appropriate to work on more than one project at a time.
- Present tender submission for approval ensuring a true and accurate picture of the tender is communicated.
- Finalise project at tender adjudication.
- Answer queries and undertake any negotiations.
- Handover successful bids with contracts team providing clarity on the bid itself and programme of works.
- As applicable support the development of the estimating team.
- Represent and promote the company in a professional manner.
- Understand our business strategy and six point plans. Share with your team how they can contribute to achieving them.
- Encourage colleagues to deliver and recognise success.
- Challenge how things are done to make us more productive.
- Encourage your team to suggest improvements to how we work in line with our Right Works ethos.
- Understand our HSQE standards and ensure your team knows their responsibilities.
- Understand personal responsibilities to comply with our company policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Continually enhance the reputation of your team.
- Help your team understand their roles in protecting and enhancing our reputation.
- Recognise behaviours in your team that reflect our guiding principles.
- Create opportunities for you and your team to learn.
- Challenge behaviours that do not create an inclusive environment
If you are interested and would like further details, please don’t hesitate to contact me
£50k – £52k plus package
Our client are the leading service provider in the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors in the UK. As a division, they employ circa 3000 people across the UK and we are looking for aspiring people like you, who are keen to build their career within the Water Industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to work on our Water Network Alliance contract in South Wales, based out of the Swansea office. As the Project Manager, you will be part of our Capital Team which are responsible for delivering Capital Projects for the AMP7 framework. The contract involves the pre-construction planning, site investigation, installation of new potable water mains and the refurbishment of existing mains to improve the DCWW network.
- Overall delivery of Capital Projects being involved from concept, through the early planning stages, construction delivery and handover
- Setting targets to the project teams and capturing progress, to report both internally and to our client
- Pre-construction planning – involving collaborative planning workshops and programming
- Assisting the estimating team with programming and buildability
- Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure programme delivery with necessary actions closed out
- Be commercially focused
- Be capable of delivering a project with direct and subcontractors
- A good team builder and communicator
- Be comfortable in chairing and contributing during collaboration meetings, both in person or via Microsoft Teams
- Experience working for a Contractor in utilities or construction / civil engineering is essential
- Experience in planning and co-ordinating teams to install pipework is essential
- Previous knowledge in traffic management and street works
- Knowledge of site investigation such as trial holes/boreholes and impact on design solutions
- Knowledge and experience working in the water sector
- Experience in potable water mains laying techniques such as open cutting, slip lining, pipe bursting and directional drilling
- NEC experience